2019-present: Associate Professor, KU
2014-2019: Assistant Professor, KU
2010-2014: Research Scientist, Gaussian, Inc.
2006-2010: Postdoctoral Fellow, Yale University
2006: Ph.D. Summa Cum Laude in Chemistry at the Scuola Normale Superiore (SNS),Pisa, Italy.
2002: M.S. in Chemistry at the University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Molecular Quantum Mechanics
- Electronic Structure Theory
- Excited States and Electronic Transitions
- Simulation of UV/Vis Spectra in Gas and Condensed Phase
- Chiroptical Spectroscopy
- High Performance Scientic Programming
- M. Caricato (Principal), W. H. Thompson (Co-Principal), B. B. Laird (Co-Principal), B. Peters (Co- Principal). Ab Initio Machine Learning Algorithms for Modeling Kinetics on Amorphous Catalysts. Department of Energy, $1,588,000. 09/15/18 - 09/14/22.
- M. Caricato. First Principles Evaluation of Optical Activity in Solids. National Science Foundation CAREER, $625,000. 04/01/17 - 03/31/22.
Selected Awards & Honors
- 2019 OpenEye Junior Faculty Award from ACS COMP division.
- 2017 NSF CAREER Award.
- 2015 Kansas EPSCoR First Award.